星期三, 十月 18, 2006

Beatitudes - Matthew 5:1a

Sermon on the Mount

(Matthew 5, KJV)

In some weeks, I’m going to share about what I’ve learnt during the devotion in MSA (Morning Star Academy). This Word of God really blesses me so much coz I’m not just reading it like I usually read the Word of God, but it has a deep revelation. And for me, it’s really a new revelation and it encourages me a lot. In MSA, we also learn to memorize these 48 verses. Wow… What a hard work to do! But, I believe I can do it, and so can the MSA students. Hope you are also blessed and don’t get bored of it. Hehhehe…

Matthew 5: 1a ----> And seeing the multitudes, He went up into a mountain.

Word Studies:

· Seeing : eido – to see, to know, to understand

· Multitudes : ochlos – a great crowd

· Mountain : oros - a hill above the plain

… He went up into a mountain

The mountains of Palestine offered a place of quietness where Jesus could have private prayer and undisturbed teaching.

When Jesus saw the multitudes…

· He saw more than just a crowd of people.

· He saw each individual and each personal need.

· To hear Jesus teach, the multitudes made personal sacrifices by traveling far and difficult.

· And He was moved with compassion.

· He was alert – aware of what is taking place around Him so He can respond right.

· He saw every need in each person

· He acted promptly in delivering a message of truth that applied to each one

What do we learn?

We learn about the character of alertness. Jesus was alerted by the multitudes sacrifices that they were hunger and thirst of righteousness. This makes he was moved with compassion and He responded by fulfilling their needs.

没有评论: