星期一, 十一月 27, 2006

Xiamen...Oh, Xiamen.....

Xiamen, I’m in Love

I still remember the time when I was in Xiamen, China. Actually, for me, it seems like I’ve been dreaming that I finally have the chance to study Chinese in China. If I flashed back again to the year 2003 when it came into my heart the desire to go to China (I went to China February until December 2005), I was so amazed of how God brought me to China. At that time, there was a family of our church who were sent to China for a missionary shared about how God called them for the mission to China. I was so excited to hear their story to in the mission field. They shared how people in China were so hunger and thirst for righteousness, so on fire, and there were a lot of miraculous things happened. One thing that really touched me at that time was that their passion for God and their compassion for the lost. It burnt me a lot to be more enthusiastic going to China, even only for learning Chinese. It’s such a simple goal of going to China, but it really affected much for this nation. Because it’s not just a matter of learning language, but also to give a big impact for this nation.

After that, I also remember when I had my birthday (year 2004), my dad sent an sms for me. It’s about his promise that if he had more money, he would bring me to China. This memory came into my heart when my dad himself delivered me to Xiamen. He said, ”Ay Ling, isn’t it your dream to go to China? Here we are… In China! Keep on praying for Dad’s job, so that Dad can provide everything you need in Xiamen.” I was touched at that time. I was so grateful to have a father like him. Even though he’s not a perfect father in my eyes, but… He’s the best father I’ve ever had!

My days passed so fast in Xiamen. Ten months had passed. I began to fall in love with this city. The food, the scenery, the people, the fresh air, the shopping centers, the beach, the campus, the friendship…. Everything was really interesting. It’s time to go back to Indonesia for good. My tears dropped when I was about to leave this city. I didn’t know when I had the chance to visit this city again. I think I’m falling in love with Xiamen… It’s so…..memorable!!

没有评论: