星期二, 七月 18, 2006

Through it all - Poem

Through It All
(Sarah Walcott-Sapp)

I know that this world
Isn’t always the safest place
I wanted to write this down
Because we could die tomorrow
And you’d never know
Just how much you meant to me
You have always been there
Ready to offer an ear, a hand
Or a shoulder to cry on
The happy times were great
The shared secrets and giggling
The sleepovers and bike rides
The hours spent practicing basketball
And just hanging out
But you pulled me out of bad times, too
No matter how angry I was
How stupid I acted
How depressed I felt
You and often only you
Stuck by me through everything
(And I do mean everything)
You always seem to know
When to give advice
And when to just listen
Sometimes you are my alter ego
My better half
And sometimes I am yours
I have envied you
And been angry at you
I have stolen your spotlight
And hidden in your shadow
We have bickered
And shared hugs
We have screamed and yelled
And on occasion, cried
But through it all
I have and forever will
Love you as my best friend

没有评论: